A breakfast cocktail combination of food and supplement .. broccoli, multigrain bread, free range eggs and bacon. Plus few supplements to support mitochondrial function, brain functioning and oxidation. List include CoQ10 300mg, Micro PQQ 200mg, Liposomal Vit C 1000mg, lipoic acid 300mg, Curcumin and boswellia extract and Krill oil.
Krill oil is extracted from Antarctic krill, a small shellfish similar to shrimp. It has the same benefits of fish oil but in certain terms it is better than fish oil. Krill oil is better absorbed than fish oil. Krill has stronger effects than fish oil along with better nutrient profile. It also has higher gene expression alteration rate than fish oil.
Apart from EPA and DHA krill oil contains other fatty acids like palmitic acid, myristic acid, stearic acid and behenic acid. It also contains a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin. Benefits of krill oil range from:
1. Reduces cholesterol
2. Reduces a sensitive inflammatory markers HScrp
3. Protect brain degeneration
4. Prevebt depression
5. Reduces inflammation in arthritis patients
6. Reduces eyes and skin dryness
7. Reducez blood glucose and improve insulin sensitivity
8. Increase HDL, reduces blood pressure this provide protection against heart disease
9. Prevent weight gain and obesity
10. Anti cancer
Optimal dose is 1-1.5g per day with meals in divided doses.
Another interesting supplement I introduced recently is Micro PQQ (pyroloquinoline quinone). It is known as strongest antioxidant till date with 100 times more potent than Vitamin C.
1. It can considerably decrease inflammation by reducing Creative reactive protein by 45% at 20mg per day.
2 It can regenerate the mitochondria by activating certain pathways for mitochondrial biogenesis.
3. It has strong neuroprotective properties and improves cognition, memory and prevent neurodegeneration by reducing inflammation and regeneration of new mitochondria and increasing Nerve Growth Factor.
4. Improvea sleep, mood and fatigue
5. Improves insulin sensitivity thereby has affect on sugar metabolism and obesity.
6. It acts a a recovery agent after stroke and angina by regeneration of new mitochondria at the place of injury.
Optimal dose is 20mg per day. It works best with CoQ10 (200-300mg)