1. Fish oil: EPA-DHA contained in fish oil has proven anti inflammatory properties in body and everyone knows that DHA helps in development of brain cells in growing children. DHA also helps to improve cognition and prevents brain decline with age.
2. Almonds: Raw almonds have been used for centuries to boost brain power. It contains high amount of zinc, vitamin E and fatty acids which prevents brain decline , boost memory and learning.
3. Cocoa: Raw pure unsweetened cocoa has powerful antioxidant properties and it enhances memory, learning capabilities, elevate mood as well as preventing brain damage. Thats the reason why we feel better after having chocolate.
4. Acetyl L-carnitine: It provides protection against neurological decline, improves blood flow and cognition. Helps improve neurotransmitter like acetylcholine which is known for memory and alertness. Dosage is 500 mg to 1500 mg empty stomach in morning.
5. Ginseng: Panax ginseng helps in reducing fatigue, boosts blood circulation to brain and lower anxiety also. Ginseng as tea or supplements can serve the purpose.
6. Caffeine: It is used all over the globe to improve mood and alertness and beat fatigue by the way of boosting Dopamine, a major excitatory neurotransmitter in brain. Its very addictive and use with caution in people with sensitivity to caffeine (people who feel jittery or wired after drinking coffee)
7. Magnesium: Magnesium acts as cofactor in more than 300 enzymatic reactions in body. It helps in energy productions, lower stress levels, boost memory and prevent brain decline.
8. L-tyrosine: It boost dopamine levels thereby improving mood, alertness and memory. Dose is 500 mg to 750 mg first thing in morning.
9. Choline: It acts as a precursor to Acetylcholine responsible for memory, learning and cognition. Its levels decreases with age. It can used as supplement or it is rich in egg yolks.
10. Ginkgo biloba: It’s a herb used for centuries to help in recovering from brain injuries. Its improves blood circulation in brain, memory and cognition.
11. Ashwagandha: It’s a herb used for many centuries as a stress buster. It increases energy, balance the cortisol to DHEA ration and promotes inner sense of calmness. DHEA is a hormone released by adrenal gland which decreases with age and is one of hormones responsible for memory and brain functioning along with testosterone.
12. Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains MCT (medium chain Triglycerides) which can easily pass through blood brain barrier and boost memory, cognition and cognitive in a very short amount of time. Use extra virgin cold pressed coconut for edible use.
13. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri): It is also a herb used for centuries to regenerate brain tissue, preventing age related brain decline, improving memory and learning capabilities.
14. Alpha GPC: It is a supplement used to boost choline levels in brain, improves memory, focus and shown to increase growth hormone. It can be used as gel or caps with dosage from 200 mg – 400 mg empty stomach first thing in morning.
15. Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 deficiency has shown to cause brain shrinkage as well as lower cognition as we grow older. Vegetarians, old age people, alcoholics and people on antacids and anti diabetic medication are more prone to B12 deficiency. You will get B12 from meat sources or from supplements.
Consult Health Care practitioner before using few of them or Call us to know more.