IBS is characterised by abdominal pain, spasms, bloating, gas with episode of diarrhoea sometimes followed by constipation. Rectal bleeding, weight loss and mucus in stool are symptoms of more severe condition. IBS can severely restricts person personal and social life and stress can make symptoms more severe.
Although most of symptoms overlap with IBD (Inflammatory bowel disease) but there are few test and symptoms which differentiate IBS from IBD.
IBS is multi factorial and people with IBS are found to be have;
>Food intolerances or sensitivities
>Yeast or parasitic infections
>SIBO (small intestinal bacterial over growth)
>Leaky gut syndrome
>Impaired pancreatic function
>Imbalanced intestinal flora
The treatment involves:
1. Detecting any food intolerances or sensitivities by IgE/IgG4 testing and then removing those foods with the help of elimination diet (specific diet)
2. Detecting any parasitic or yeast infection through Stool analysis(CDSA) and then removing it with targeted antibacterials or anti fungals for the same
3. Detecting pancreatic insufficiency by stool analysis (CDSA) and then replacing the digestive functions by enzymatic therapy
4. Repairing the intestinal barrier with nutrients like zinc, glutamine, lactoferrin and aloe vera
5. Reinoculating the intestinal tract with healthy probiotics, probiotics and fibre (soluble)